Thursday, February 2, 2012

In The Beginning...

I was reading a book. The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, to be precise. I'm nearly halfway through, and a certain section has prompted undesirable thoughts. Well, not thoughts. Memories. Memories of Elementary/Middle/High School, things I never think about. Things I don't like to think about.

Larsson's writing is addictive. He has drawn me in, and the way he has written has provoked emotional responses within my unconscious without me realizing it. This has triggered memories to come up.

I'll be honest, I have a somewhat terrible memory. I barely remember anything concrete about my childhood. Mostly flashes, and what I do remember I tend to shy away from. So thus, this sudden influx of happily un-thought-about memories is rather.... disconcerting. For one, I'm suddenly a bit happy that I can remember this stuff. But secondly, I don't like remembering parts of my childhood. It wasn't a terrible childhood. I just had a lot of uncomfortable and unhappy memories mixed in with all the happy ones.

Okay. For a first post, this is rather sufficient.

Till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment