Thursday, February 2, 2012

Music. Emotion. Taste.

Music. Someone's choice in music is an interesting and ever-fickle quandary. It is a bias based on emotional response to the sounds, notes, and voices, their current emotional state, as well as the ever-changing pattern of emotional state they go through day after day. At least, that's how I see it. Some days I love certain bands, some days I couldn't stand to listen to them. That doesn't mean I don't like them anymore, merely that my taste in music is ever-evolving.

Lately, I have been listening to wide range of new music, thanks to Spotify. Bands such as Trespassers William, Azure Ray, The Veils, The Stills, The Walkmen, Liam Finn, Susie Suh, Eisley, Rilo Kiley and Flunk. These bands aren't all the same sound, but they are somewhat new and different to my tastes. Of course, my tastes have never really stayed the same. I've gone through Motown stages, Rock stages, Punk stages, Heavy Metal, slow calming Instrumental stages, Techno, even a stage where I listened to hip-hop because it was the only station.

Music, to me, has always been important, but for the last couple of years, I haven't been doing a lot of listening. Mainly, since my iPod broke. The only reason I've been listening a lot more lately is because I finally got some nice headphones (over the ear ones, that fit over my gauges) that lets me hear music as it was truly meant to be heard. Music has suddenly exploded back into my life, and I'm trying to find what I like again.

I love it.

Hm. There seems to be no real point to this post. I guess if you read this far, congrats. This is how I think about things. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment